alec
Dittatore di Saturno
PolliceSu

• Novellino
    • Mostra profilo
PolliceSu
    Re: Don Rosa
    Risposta #1335: Venerdì 31 Lug 2009, 21:45:15
    Dear Keno, tell us how you discovered Carl Barks art and when you met the great Maestro!
    PS: Will you write new stories?
    « Ultima modifica: Venerdì 31 Lug 2009, 21:47:40 da alec »

Don Rosa
    Gran Mogol
    PolliceSu   (2)

• Novellino
      • Mostra profilo
    PolliceSu   (2)
      Risposta #1336: Venerdì 31 Lug 2009, 22:24:29
      First of all, please stop apologizing for "bad English". Obviously I don't know ANY Italian, so I'm the dunce here. (I obtained *very* poor translations of some of the messages on this thread by using Babel Fish, which supplies me with English texts that make practically no sense whatsoever!) And those of you who have written in English are writing better English than can most Americans under the age of about 30 or 40.

>>>>>You're right, we talked a lot about the famous illustration of the tombstone; several forum members have always asserted that it has been realized for a specific competition, but even so, every time a new member discover it, we go back to the beginning, explaining of the competition and so on...

Ah, very good! But I'll make sure it's perfectly clear with my own explanation. This won't take long because I hear from people so often about that illustration that I have a text saved to use when needed. Here it is:
      [The unauthorized use of that cartoon is a real problem. You saw that picture on a website that never requested permission to reproduce or use that image! I originally drew it for my contribution to a German fanzine feature which invited many cartoonists to offer their idea to illustrate the line "Hey, Daisy! Whatever happened to $crooge?". It was a joke feature -- it was meant to be funny to see all the different odd ideas that various cartoonists would offer to illustrate the quote. Some of the ideas were funny, some were rather vulgar... but as for my contribution, since I have such a serious view of these characters, I offered a scene of what might be said in the far future over $crooge's grave. As many readers know, in order that my stories agree completely with the stories written and drawn by Carl Barks that I grew up with, I set my stories in the 1950's -- after all, there's no way that $crooge could do everything that Barks' stories said he did in the years Barks said he did them and still be alive today. He'd be close to 150 years old!
      Anyway, what happened next was that some people took my contribution to that humorous fanzine feature and started reprinting it *without permission* and *out of context*. They never explain to their viewers about the fanzine feature for which my illustration was done, so it makes it look like I was taking it completely upon myself to show a depressing scene and morbid information for no reason! I don't disagree with the image I showed, but it's unfair to me to not be able to explain the cartoon's original purpose and context to all the people who see the image on those unauthorized websites.]

>>>>>Referring to the non-utilization of Duckburg characters that were not created by Carl Barks... I don't remember any great discussion about that, honestly; if you would like to explain more on this (or even different ones) topic, feel free to do it

According to the translation gibberish from Babel Fish, that seemed to be the topic of some messages I found this morning that were from a month or two ago. I could easily (!) be wrong.
      But rather than go into that, let me stop here for now. I mean, how will the above English message be shown to the forum members who don't speak English? I know using Babel Fish is hopeless! And I know that it's quite a chore to translate a text from one language to another -- much more difficult than "simply" reading or speaking another language. Translating is work. So I don't know why anyone would want to do that for me here.
      So... I'll see what happens, and next time I'll address that business about what characters I am *allowed* to use.
      Ciao! (That's Italian!)

P.S.: Um... I'm wondering... how do you know I'm really Don Rosa?

Leo .
      Sceriffo di Valmitraglia
      PolliceSu   (1)

• Mostra profilo
      PolliceSu   (1)
        Risposta #1337: Venerdì 31 Lug 2009, 22:30:54
        Hi, Don Rosa! This is a my work about "Hey, Daisy"! :P

Translate:
        Scrooge: "Hi, what is lost to me?"
        « Ultima modifica: Venerdì 31 Lug 2009, 22:31:06 da LPSO »

Pidipì
        Diabolico Vendicatore
        PolliceSu

• Il Dottore Dimezzato
          • Mostra profilo
        PolliceSu
          Risposta #1338: Venerdì 31 Lug 2009, 22:37:35
          LPSO, ma LOL.

@Don Rosa: Well, in an another thread we spoke just of this, we thought to a false Don.

Ihih, ho sbagliato i tempi, ora ho corretto
          « Ultima modifica: Venerdì 31 Lug 2009, 22:40:50 da Filippo »
          Alle volte uno si crede incompleto ed è soltanto niubbo.

Paperone 96
          Gran Mogol
          PolliceSu

• utente semi-nuovo,comprato d'occasione
            • Mostra profilo
          PolliceSu
            Risposta #1339: Venerdì 31 Lug 2009, 22:47:46
            LPSO LOL
            sorry for my bad english
            Don Rosa,but you are the famous artist?
            well,I read your PdP's $aga years ago,but I don't find this
            it's very beautiful and i liked it
            what's your favourite story?
            the trhee caballeros ride again is very beautiful.
            We opened a topic for your D.U.C.K. and i post it
            http://www.papersera.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1228949836/0
            PdP93 was very good [smiley=other_bow.gif] and he created yhe D.U.C.K. projet
            the topic is italian,but there also are a lot of images with your duck and the comment.
            PdP93 are a genius
            i hope you understand my very bad english
            bye Donald Rosa
            Alessandro

Quaquarone93
            Diabolico Vendicatore
            PolliceSu

• Il gentile fantasma del castello De' Paperoni
              • Mostra profilo
            PolliceSu
              Risposta #1340: Venerdì 31 Lug 2009, 23:02:59
               :o Unbelievable! Don Rosa on this forum! We've thought this for a very long time and now this is reality. Now we all fans will can ask him lot of things about his career and about stories we love so much. It doesn't seem true!

P.S. La vignetta di LPSO è talmente eccezionale che Don Rosa credo non avrà bisogno della traduzione!
              "A man who wins is a man who thinks he can" - RF my hero...

Andrea87
              Uomo Nuvola
              PolliceSu

• Il terrore di Malachia!
                • Mostra profilo
              PolliceSu
                Risposta #1341: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 00:04:45
                Oh my gorsh! Don Rosa here? i'm collapsing... :o

I don't wanna know anything about not-barks characters or about dead/living scrooge, but only if in a remote future you come back to write disney stories... please :'(

[size=8]Pacuvio se è l'ennesimo pesce d'aprile fuori stagione questa volta nn la passi liscia [smiley=evil.gif][/size]
                paperinika, ma che inglese perfetto! :o io più di 2 parole in fila nn so mettere *invidia*
                « Ultima modifica: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 00:05:28 da andrea87 »
                Nel tempo dell'inganno universale dire la verità è un atto rivoluzionario (G. Orwell)

feidhelm
                Flagello dei mari
                PolliceSu

• Fizz! Snarl!
                  • Mostra profilo
                PolliceSu
                  Risposta #1342: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 00:08:36
                  P.S.: Um... I'm wondering... how do you know I'm really Don Rosa?

qualcuno sa rispondere con certezza? ::)

In memoria di chi ci ha "cucinato" tante storie memorabili...

Quaquarone93
                  Diabolico Vendicatore
                  PolliceSu

• Il gentile fantasma del castello De' Paperoni
                    • Mostra profilo
                  PolliceSu
                    Risposta #1343: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 01:05:42

qualcuno sa rispondere con certezza? ::)
                    Be' diciamo che vogliamo crederci... Anche se la cosa meriterebbe un minimo di investigazione...
                    "A man who wins is a man who thinks he can" - RF my hero...

alec
                    Dittatore di Saturno
                    PolliceSu

• Novellino
                      • Mostra profilo
                    PolliceSu
                      Risposta #1344: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 01:34:52
                      Ragazzi, roba da far tremare i polsi! Potrò sbagliarmi, ma mi sembra veramente il Don...(rendiamoci conto che con Internet possiamo collegarci con tutto il mondo!)
                      @Keno: you are very popular with italian Disney fans! Your stories were published on "Zio Paperone" (our version of "Uncle Scrooge"), a nice comicbook that, sadly, ceased pubblications last year. I collected many issues of it, and enjoied your  "Life and Times"saga.   Barks' heritage lives in your magnificent artworks.
                      « Ultima modifica: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 01:57:45 da alec »

feidhelm
                      Flagello dei mari
                      PolliceSu

• Fizz! Snarl!
                        • Mostra profilo
                      PolliceSu
                        Risposta #1345: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 01:53:33
                        Ragazzi, roba da far tremare i polsi! Potrò sbagliarmi, ma mi sembra veramente il Don...(rendiamoci conto che con Internet possiamo collegarci con tutto il mondo!)

a dir la verità anche a me sembra il Don... tempo fa postava su IAF e lo stile mi sembra quello...

In memoria di chi ci ha "cucinato" tante storie memorabili...

Paperinika
                        Imperatore della Calidornia
                        Moderatore
                        PolliceSu

• Mostra profilo
                        PolliceSu
                          Risposta #1346: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 02:15:10
                          paperinika, ma che inglese perfetto! :o io più di 2 parole in fila nn so mettere *invidia*
                          Beh, studiando lingue diciamo che me la cavo discretamente. 8-) Ma da qui a dire che mi esprimo in inglese perfetto ce ne vuole... :-/

[size=8]Pacuvio se è l'ennesimo pesce d'aprile fuori stagione questa volta nn la passi liscia [smiley=evil.gif][/size]
                          Quoto. ::)

Vito
                          Flagello dei mari
                          PolliceSu   (1)

• Life is like a hurricane
                            • Mostra profilo
                          PolliceSu   (1)
                            Risposta #1347: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 03:21:15
                            First of all let me friendly greet one of the men who wrote beautiful stories about Uncle Scrooge I ever read (I'm a huge Scrooge fan, a manic one), and with the thrill about writing to an artist I love since I was a child and that I would never thought to have the opportunity to write to, I will tell you some of my opinions.

I'm one of the guys who think some of your works are masterpieces ("a letter from home" is probably my favourite one), and I admit without you and your works we wouldn't have some establish concepts like the name of Scrooge's hill, or the name of the Calisota state, and a lot of other things that were forgotten before you came with your philological thoughts.

Yet, I admit also to be one of the guys that doesn't like at all some of the conceptions -I venture to say- they're out of place in the Disney world, I'm not talking about mothers and fathers, or the cemetery things, the dead, or the fact that Scrooge had sex (this thing moved me instead of annoy me), but ideas like the death of a fictional character created in a Disney world where characters has no dates or ages and they live freely in every era, I'm not accepting that. I don't understand how someone can be surprised about a character who has 150 years old in the 2000 where Disney were always based on its immortal character, you can look at the animation who got no problems to show (for example) a Donald with a personal computer who thinks to the old '30 shorts (no one ever asked how this is possible, it's the magic and immortal spirit of Disney who is above the cruel reality where characters grows old and die).
                            I can understand that the famous fanzine illustration was a joke and that you wasn't trying to make official a character death, but some of the concepts like the ones you voiced about seeing the Disney world with real eyes with characters that grows old, this is the reason why there are so much nerd fans (I dare to say they are especially teenagers that goes trough a nerd phase and they don't feel stimulated in reading a Barks story but they prefer more "stimulating" things, something that makes them proud in being nerd, like your devotion to the continuity, even if it's pleasant when it's not exaggerated, or the fact that you talk about death etc...), they "officialize" all this like it was the Bible, they declare apocryphal every Disney comic but yours (and the Barks ones), they don't care about the many authors who have contributed to the richest duck great epic (in the first place Romano Scarpa, but there are Rodolfo Cimino and many others, which write Scrooge stories from years and they still do without talking about death or some particular age), I don't think this is right.

I think that it's not you or your ideas, the fans are very exaggerated and they think all your ideas are gospel truth (they would believe you even if you tell Mickey Mouse is Scrooge's child), I really don't understand how this fated "1967" can be so recurrent in the web sites, setting limits to Barks creations for the immortality of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and all other historical icons.

By the way I think I talked too much, I'm sorry if you thought I'm polemical it wasn't my intention (as I wrote above I'm a big fan of yours, but I prefer enjoying your storys with thoughtlessness without those forced things like 15 years old Huey, Dewey and Louie in the 1955! ;))

Disney means fantasy, not reality. Let's keep the dead for us. :)

Greetings, I wish I can read some new masterpiece of yours.

With estimate,
                            Vito.

• Sorry for my english mistakes, I hope you understood all the things I wrote.

Hey, I hope to have a Scrooge collection like your in future, I'm trying.

( PS: if you're not the real Don Rosa I'm getting mad! :P)
                            [/list]
                            « Ultima modifica: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 03:23:23 da Dollarone_89 »

Frank
                            Pifferosauro Uranifago
                            PolliceSu   (2)

• Non vi sapevo un tracanna! (R. Cimino)
                              • Mostra profilo
                            PolliceSu   (2)
                              Risposta #1348: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 08:12:51
                              Molte persone, nell'esprimere la loro sorpresa ed eccitazione per l'arrivo dell'illustre visitatore, si chiedono se si tratti veramente di Don Rosa o se sia solo uno scherzo di pessimo gusto.

Siano rassicurati, per quel che può valere la mia conferma, che si tratta veramente di Don Rosa, come confermato da scambio email con l'interessato ieri pomeriggio prima che iniziassero a fioccare le risposte qui.

Che dire? Godiamocelo in pieno, ora che è fra noi in vena di chiacchiere, mentre ormai da parecchi anni non scriveva più nella mailing list dove un tempo soleva essere molto attivo!

Chi non sia troppo ferrato in inglese non si preoccupi di fare strafalcioni e non si privi per questo dell'opportunità di interagire con questo grande autore pieno di sensibilità e fantasia. Don ha sempre avuto l'umiltà di riconoscere che è lui quello che parla solo una lingua ed apprezza chi fa del proprio meglio per comunicare con lui nonostante la barriera linguistica.

DON, this was just an independent confirmation (for what it's worth) that it's really you, since several members of the forum were in awed disbelief and thought it might be a practical joke played on people to see how they would respond.

Welcome at last among your numerous Italian fans! We all hope you'll stay.
                              Frank  (filologo disneyano)

ZioPaperone
                              --
                              PolliceSu

PolliceSu
                                Risposta #1349: Sabato 1 Ago 2009, 22:15:58
                                Su cortese invito di Pacuvio, con piacere traduco il post di Don Rosa ;)

Don Rosa ha scritto:

Prima di tutto, per favore smettetela di scusarvi per il "cattivo inglese". Ovviamente io non so NULLA di italiano, perciò sono io l'ignorante qui (ho ottenuto delle scarsissime traduzioni di alcuni dei messaggi su questo thread usando Babel Fish, che mi fornisce dei testi inglesi praticamente privi di senso!). E quelli di voi che hanno scritto in inglese scrivono un inglese migliore della maggioranza degli americani di 30 o 40 anni.

>>>>>You're right, we talked a lot about the famous illustration of the tombstone; several forum members have always asserted that it has been realized for a specific competition, but even so, every time a new member discover it, we go back to the beginning, explaining of the competition and so on...>>>>>
                                (Hai ragione, abbiamo parlato molto della famosa illustrazione della tomba; diversi utenti del forum hanno sempre asserito che è stata realizzata per una specifica competizione, ma anche così, ogni volta che un nuovo utente la scopre, , si ricomincia daccapo, spiegando della competizione e così via...)

Ah, benissimo! Ma vedrò di chiarirlo perfettamente con la mia spiegazione. Non ci vorrà molto perché la gente mi chiede così spesso di quell'illustrazione che ho un testo salvato per usarlo quando serve.

Eccolo:

[L'uso non autorizzato di quella vignetta è un vero problema. Voi avete visto quel disegno su un sito web che non ha mai richiesto il permesso di riprodurre o utilizzare quell'immagine! Originariamente io lo disegnai come mio contributo  a una fanzine tedesca che aveva invitato molti cartoonists a proporre un'idea per illustrare la battuta
                                "Ehi, Paperina! Cos'è successo a Paperone?" Era una specie di gioco - si pensava sarebbe stato divertente vedere tutte le idee bislacche che i vari fumettisti avrebbero proposto per illustrare la battuta.

Alcune delle trovate erano divertenti, alcune piuttosto volgari... ma quanto al mio contributo, dato che ho una visione molto seria di questi personaggi, ho proposto una scena di ciò che potrebbe venir detto in un futuro lontano sulla tomba di Paperone.

Come molti lettori sanno, allo scopo di accordare completamente le mie storie con quelle scritte e disegnate da Carl Barks con cui sono cresciuto, ambiento le mie storie negli anni '50 -- dopotutto, non è possibile che Paperone possa aver fatto tutto quello che le storie di
                                Barks dicono abbia fatto negli anni in cui Barks disse che lo ha fatto e sia ancora vivo oggi. Dovrebbe avere quasi 150 anni!

Comunque, ciò che accadde dopo fu che alcune persone presero il mio contributo alla spiritosa iniziativa di quella fanzine e cominciarono a ristamparla *senza permesso* e *fuori contesto*.

Non hanno mai spiegato ai lettori l'iniziativa della fanzine per cui la mia illustrazione fu fatta, così alla fine sembra che mi sia preso io la responsabilità di mostrare una scena deprimente e dare una notizia morbosa senza nessuna ragione! Non rinnego l'immagine che ho mostrato, ma è scorretto verso di me che non possa spiegare lo scopo originale e il contesto della tavola a tutti coloro che vedono l'immagine su quei siti non autorizzati.]

>>>>>Referring to the non-utilization of Duckburg characters that were not created by Carl Barks... I don't remember any great discussion about that, honestly; if you would like to explain more on this (or even different ones) topic, feel free to do it
                                Riguardo al non-utilizzo di personaggi Paperopoli che non furono creati da Carl Barks... non ricordo nessuna grande discussione su questo, onestamente; se ci volessi spiegare di più su questo o altri argomenti, sentiti libero di farlo

Secondo la traduzione balorda di Babel Fish, sembrava essere l'argomento di alcuni messaggi che ho trovato stamattina e che erano lì da un mese o due. Potrei benissimo (!) sbagliarmi.

Ma piuttosto che inoltrarmi in questo argomento, permettetemi di fermarmi qui per ora. Intendo dire, come verrà mostrato questo messaggio in inglese agli utenti del forum che non parlano inglese? So che usare Babel Fish è senza speranza! E so che è un compito arduo tradurre un testo da una lingua a un'altra -- molto più difficile che "semplicemente" leggere o parlare un'altra lingua (confermo! ;D Ndt).
                                Tradurre è un lavoro. Quindi non vedo perché qualcuno dovrebbe volerlo fare per me, qui.

Quindi... Vedrò cosa succede, e la prossima volta parlerò di quella faccenda di quali personaggi *mi è permesso* usare.
                                Ciao! (That's Italian!)

P.S.: Um... Mi chiedevo... come fate a sapere che sono davvero Don Rosa?

Ho aggiunto la traduzione delle domande degli utenti del forum, chi non sa l'inglese forse non le capiva (Ndt)

« Ultima modifica: Domenica 2 Ago 2009, 12:03:35 da ZioPaperone »

Dati personali, cookies e GDPR

Questo sito per poter funzionare correttamente utilizza dati classificati come "personali" insieme ai cosiddetti cookie tecnici.
                                In particolare per quanto riguarda i "dati personali", memorizziamo il tuo indirizzo IP per la gestione tecnica della navigazione sul forum, e - se sei iscritto al forum - il tuo indirizzo email per motivi di sicurezza oltre che tecnici, inoltre se vuoi puoi inserire la tua data di nascita allo scopo di apparire nella lista dei compleanni.
                                Il dettaglio sul trattamento dei dati personali è descritto nella nostra pagina delle politiche sulla privacy, dove potrai trovare il dettaglio di quanto riassunto in queste righe.

Per continuare con la navigazione sul sito è necessario accettare cliccando qui, altrimenti... amici come prima! :-)